We at D’Arcy & Co, Solicitors, Kildare have a wealth of experience in Property and Conveyancing.

All Property cases are dealt with by Paul D’Arcy, a solicitor with over twenty years of Conveyancing experience.

If you are selling property, you should consider the following issues:-

  • Obtaining title deeds

In order to prepare contracts for your sale, it will necessary to obtain your title deeds. These will sometimes be held by us or you can supply them. However, they are often held by your bank. In such a case, we will need to request them using a letter of authorisation signed by you.

  • Planning queries

Any planning queries that arise in relation to your sale should be dealt with through us acting as your solicitor rather than directly with the purchaser or through an auctioneer.

  • Building Energy Rating (BER)

Anyone offering a building for sale or lease is required to provide a Building Energy Rating (BER) from a registered assessor. You auctioneer often assists in arranging this.

  • Local Property Tax (LPT)

The LPT for the house being sold will need to be up to date. There are rules regarding apportionment and which band the property is in, that will need to be complied with. We also need to show to other solicitor that matters are up to date and therefore, we will need from you your LPT Property ID and PIN. In some cases, where the sale price is greater than the present band you will need to obtain consent from Revenue.

  • Non Principal Private Residence (NPPR) Charge

The NPPR was a charge that applied for the years 2009 to 2013. It applied where a person owned a house that was not their principal private residence. In relation to a sale you will need to obtain a Certificate from your local council that NPPR did not apply or that it was paid.

  • Septic Tank Registration

Where there is a septic tank/puraflo system at the property being sold, you will need to show proof of registration.

  • Capital Gains Tax (CGT)

The sale of properties can give rise to CGT. There is an exemption generally available in respect of your principal private residence and garden or grounds of up to one acre enjoyed with the residence. For full CGT advice you should consult with your accountant or tax adviser.

  • Vacant Possession on Completion

At completion of the sale the purchaser pays and allows release of the purchase money. The seller needs to ensure that once that takes place, they have removed whatever contents are being removed, the property has been cleared and all keys are surrendered.


[aux_button label=”Click Here to Contact Us Now!” size=”large” icon_align=”right-animate” color_name=”emerald” inview_transition=”none” inview_duration=”600″ border=”round” icon=”auxicon-email-plane” link=”https://darcyandco.ie/contact-us/”]